Okay, it came out before it was revealed by GI today, but the first info from Assassins Creed 2 has already emerged. The info emerged from ScrewAttack when it was stated that somebody already had the GI AC2 issue with them. The most important info is below:
- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
- You do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
- You CAN swim
- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- Da Vincis workshop is in the game
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
More info is after the jump.
- - You’ll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
- You will see the countryside of Tuscany
- The “Auditore” family is mentioned
- [Ezio] is a nobleman of Florence
- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.
- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- Each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, “Brutish” armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you’re near by.
- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
- You can still climb towers and ride horses
- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
- 240 people are working on this title.
That last bit, “240 people are working on this title.”, that brings up an interesting point: is Jade Raymond part of the project? We’re checking with Ubisoft on Tuesday (Bank Holiday weekend in the UK so no go till then).