It’ll be one of the first games released under the Square Enix brand since it’s takeover of Eidos in April this year, although it’s unknown if it’ll launch before March 9th, when Final Fantasy XIII launches in the West.
“I couldn’t be more proud of what the team has accomplished, as the game has continually exceeded all of my expectations throughout its development,” said developer, Gas Powered leader Chris Taylor.
Find the press release after the jump. It’s 360 only.
SUPREME COMMANDER 2 AVAILABLE ACROSS PAL TERRITORIES SPRING 2010
Wednesday 18th November/…Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces SUPREME COMMANDER® 2, created by critically-acclaimed developer Gas Powered Games, will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC-DVD in Spring 2010.
SUPREME COMMANDER 2 is the next installment in the award-winning SUPREME COMMANDER franchise, set 25 years further into the future. Featuring numerous game enhancements, an in-depth campaign mode, online multiplayer and a unique storyline, the game represents a new dimension in RTS gaming.
Boasting intense battles on a massive scale, players will wage war, creating enormous customizable armies and experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment. Assume the role of one of the three enigmatic commanders, each representing a unique faction with a rich story that brings a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre.
“The partnership with Square Enix has been a highlight of my career,” said Chris Taylor, Founder and Creative Director of Gas Powered Games. “I couldn’t be more proud of what the team has accomplished, as the game has continually exceeded all of my expectations throughout its development.”
Larry Sparks, Vice President Brands PAL Region of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “SUPREME COMMANDER 2 has already achieved fantastic recognition across media and the RTS community winning E3 Best Strategy Game 2009 from IGN, 1UP and GameSpot. We’re thrilled to be working with Gas Powered Games to release a game that really pushes the genre’s gameplay and storyline expectations to a new level.”
For more information about SUPREME COMMANDER 2 please visit the official website at www.supremecommander.com
About SUPREME COMMANDER 2
Set 25 years after the end of the Infinite War, SUPREME COMMANDER 2 starts with the galaxy reeling from the recent assassination of the newly elected president of the fragile Colonial Defense Coalition. The members of the Coalition – the United Earth Federation, The Illuminate and the Cybran Nation –blame each other, and the early rumbles of war can be heard throughout the galaxy.
• Take on the role of three enigmatic commanders; former friends from each of the unique factions — The United Earth Federation (UEF), The Illuminate and the Cybran Nation — who get dragged into a conflict of galactic consequences
• Explore a rich, character-driven single-player game which spans over 18 missions and delivers a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre, or take the battle online for an exhilarating multi-player experience
• Fight action-packed battles on a massive scale, waging war with enormous land, air and naval units in visually spectacular environments, brought to life by all-new rendering technology and a true evolution of RTS controls on both platforms
• Upgrade and customize armies with new weapons and technology and deploy them instantly on the battlefield, turning a base-level tank into a high-powered, multi-barreled, anti-aircraft-sporting multipurpose battle unit
• Deploy wild experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment.
• Experience a streamlined economy and redesigned UI that put the focus squarely on combat, battlefield tactics and high-level strategic decision making, and give improved player feedback in Strategic Zoom view.