4a Games today unleashed a press release, detailing their upcoming 2010 shoot-n’-loot Metro 2033.
Nothing too in-depth yet, but the game is open-world, meaning you can explore post-apocalyptic Moscow at your leisure, until the creepy mutants come and eat your face.
First gameplay video coming soon, declares the Metro 2033 , so keep your eyes peeled and your gas masks at the ready.
The game is out in 2010 for Xbox 360, and the fact sheet is after the jump.
Set in the shattered subway of a post apocalyptic Moscow, Metro 2033 is a story of intensive underground survival where the fate of mankind rests in your hands.
In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.
You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised Underground. Having never ventured beyond your Metro Station-City limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat. Your journey takes you from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind.
- Metro 2033 is a gripping, atmospheric first person shooter experience powered by cutting edge technology to deliver incredible visuals.
- Witness the everyday horrors of a broken society living in constant fear.
- Brave the darkness of the tunnels, where mutants hunt their prey and ghostly spirits lurk.
- Explore the desolate city-surface, trusting your gas mask and rifle to protect you from a poisoned world and the creatures that roam there.
- Steel your nerve and prepare to face the terrors that await.