Square Enix have announced that the second game in the Supreme Commander series will be coming to PC from 5th March and Xbox 360 19th March.
Set a quarter of a century ahead of the last game, the new game promises bigger guns, bigger battles and a bigger story.
The full PR is after the jump, along with 10 screenshots from the game.
|SUPREME COMMANDER 2 PAL RELEASE DATES CONFIRMED
Tuesday 26th January/…Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces SUPREME COMMANDER® 2, created by critically-acclaimed developer Gas Powered Games, will be available on PC-DVD from 5th March 2010 and on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on 19th March 2010.
SUPREME COMMANDER 2 is the next installment in the award-winning SUPREME COMMANDER franchise, set 25 years further into the future. Featuring numerous game enhancements, an in-depth campaign mode, online multiplayer and a unique storyline, the game represents a new dimension in RTS gaming.
Boasting intense battles on a massive scale, players will wage war, creating enormous customizable armies and experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment. Assume the role of one of the three enigmatic commanders, each representing a unique faction with a rich story that brings a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre.
“The partnership with Square Enix has been a highlight of my career,” said Chris Taylor, Founder and Creative Director of Gas Powered Games. “I couldn’t be more proud of what the team has accomplished, as the game has continually exceeded all of my expectations throughout its development.”
Larry Sparks, Vice President Brands PAL Region of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “SUPREME COMMANDER 2 has already achieved fantastic recognition across media and the RTS community winning E3 Best Strategy Game 2009 from IGN, 1UP and GameSpot. We’re thrilled to be working with Gas Powered Games to release a game that really pushes the genre’s gameplay and storyline expectations to a new level.”
About SUPREME COMMANDER 2
• Explore a rich, character-driven single-player game which spans over 18 missions and delivers a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre, or take the battle online for an exhilarating multi-player experience
• Fight action-packed battles on a massive scale, waging war with enormous land, air and naval units in visually spectacular environments, brought to life by all-new rendering technology and a true evolution of RTS controls on both platforms
• Upgrade and customize armies with new weapons and technology and deploy them instantly on the battlefield, turning a base-level tank into a high-powered, multi-barreled, anti-aircraft-sporting multipurpose battle unit
• Deploy wild experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment.
• Experience a streamlined economy and redesigned UI that put the focus squarely on combat, battlefield tactics and high-level strategic decision making, and give improved player feedback in Strategic Zoom view
About Gas Powered Games
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. EIDOS, TOMB RAIDER, IO INTERACTIVE and CRYSTAL DYNAMICS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. SUPREME COMMANDER is a registered trademark of Square Enix, Inc. GAS POWERED GAMES is a registered trademark of Gas Powered Games Corp. Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
Square Enix Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under the number 1804186 whose registered office is Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU