MAG is here! MAG is here! Run screaming from your houses, for MAG is here!
If you haven’t heard, MAG is here. To be specific, the MAG beta, putting upwards of 16,000 players in a 256-man battlefield, has gone live. Not one of those lucky 16,000? We’ve got a treat for you…
We have a MAG Beta key to give away. It’s all we could grab from the clutches of a dying Zipper employee as we escaped their top secret compound, but that’s enough to get you in the game. It’s a dog eat dog world.
So, what do you need to do to get the key? We’re as upset as you when we get all excited about our chances of winning a beta key, only to find that the competition involves making a 100ft sculpture from grass cuttings. So we’ve made it easy. All you need to do is invent your own P.M.C to be in MAG. So, alongside Valor, Raven and S.V.E.R, invent your own Private Military Company and give a back story, ideologies, and tactics. Simples.
- When inventing your P.M.C, be as specific as possible. If your idea is the ‘Robo Pirate Ninja Jesus Gang’, explain their background, why they fight, where they’re from, their leaders, style, etc etc etc. The more complete, the better. P.M.Cs can be as outlandish or realistic as you want; we’re looking for the most inventive (least generic) and best realized.
- While we won’t penalize you for not having any Photoshop skills, if you can produce a clan badge, or even outfit, it can only help. It’s not essential, though.
- Send all your entries to , with the title ‘MAG Beta Key’. One per person, and make sure you send your entry in with your main e-mail address; it’s the one we’ll be using to contact you when you win.
- Keep it clean, obviously.
- The closing date is this Wednesday, October 7th, with the winner announced on October 9th.
- Try not to go over 500 words. We’re not looking for English Coursework here. It’s probably hard to get an overall picture in under 80 words, though; between 80-500 is your guideline. No points deducted for going over/under, but somewhere between those and you’ll be alright.
It couldn’t be more simple. Remember, this could be your chance to join the biggest online game on the PS3, so get thinking. Keep them short and sweet, but full of info. We’ll display the best ideas on the main site after the competition closes.
And stay tuned to GOONL!NE next week. Our impressions of MAG from a hands on event in Dublin and from the beta are going live, as well as much, much more.